For many people, camisoles are a wardrobe essential and it’s easy to accumulate a collection. I’ve tried a few different ways for organizing camisoles. My favorite, by far, is on a belt hook.
Before I tell you why – I’d like to show you a few other options you could consider for your wardrobe based on your organizing style and preferences.
- One hanger for every camisole. If you like to hang clothing and have ample closet-rod space, this could be a nice option for you. It allows you to easily see each camisole and its details such as color, length and trim. For my closet, though, this method took up too much rod space.
- Camisoles organized by color, per hanger. This method lasted a few months for my closet. I love that it was more compact than the previous method mentioned, but I found that I wasn’t a fan of having to remove some camisole straps to get to another that was a layer or two deep. You may want to give this a try!
- Camisoles on shower rings, all on a single hanger. I’ve seen on Pinterest and some other blogs that people love this method. I can see why. It’s a space saver, for sure. However, having to unlock the closure of the ring every time I wanted a camisole wasn’t a fit for my organizing style, so this method lasted about a week before I scrapped it. Given how popular this seems to be, it may work for you, so don’t knock it ‘til you try it!
Folded in Drawers
- If you like to fold rather than hang, this could work for you. My only qualm is that this method makes it hard to discern the differentiators for each camisole such as the length of the top or if it has detailing such as lace trim. If I had more drawer space, I might consider this as my second favorite method, but the belt hook won out! Tip: consider separating the folded camisoles using a sock-drawer divider with labels for an even faster way to find the one you’re looking for.
On a Belt Hook
- This is my winner (so far – never know what the future holds!). With this method, it’s so easy to see what I have and it’s super easy to take out each item and put it back. I keep this in my closet on the rod, but you could hang it somewhere else in your home, of course.
While you may think it’s trivial to spend so much thought and time organizing something as simple as a camisole, when you combine it with the other organization tools I’ve put into my wardrobe, getting dressed is a breeze, since a lot of the stress and guesswork has been taken out of the process.
What are some of your favorite things to organize for a more streamlined day?